- 4 pieces Tanguigue (Mackerel) steaks, approximately 150g each
- 2 tablespoons fresh calamansi juice
- Sea salt and pepper
- Flour for dredging
- 75 ml cooking oil
- Small piece yellow ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, slivered
- 1 onion, sliced
- 50g red and green bell pepper, julienned
- 2 teaspoon ginger, julienned
- 125ml vinegar
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 250ml fish stock
- Season the fish with calamansi juice, salt and pepper and dredge in flour. Pan-fry the fish in oil and set aside.
- Pound the yellow ginger, then add a few drops of water and squeeze to extract the juice.
- In a fresh pan, heat the remaining oil and fry the garlic over a moderate heat until crispy, then remove and drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
- Add the onion, bell peppers and ginger to the same pan and sauté for 3 minutes, then add the yellow ginger juice, vinegar, sugar and stock, bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, adjust the seasoning to taste, then add the fish steaks and garlic and continue to cook for a further minute.
Tanguigue Escabeche Recipe,
Incoming search terms:
- kusina master
- WWW KUSINA MASTER COM
- www kusinamaster
- kusina master com
- kusinamaster com
- facebook com/kusinamasterGMA
- kusina master fish recipe