- 1 kg pork legs (pata), cut 1-1/2 inch thick
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 pcs. bayleaf
- 1/2 teaspoon black ground pepper
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2-3 cups of water
- 1/4 cup dried banana blossoms
- 1-2 bunch of bok choi (fried for 2 minutes)
Pata Tim is a Chinese inspired braised pork legs (pata) dish that is somewhat similar to pork adobo. The recipe uses pork legs, and cooked for a long time to tenderize the meat.
It is best served with rice.
Pata Tim Cooking Procedures:
- In a pot heat oil then saute garlic and onions.
- Add in Pata, salt, bay leaf and black ground pepper then stir for 5 minutes.
- Add water, soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, pineapple juice, and water, bring to boil and simmer for an hour and a half or until meat is tender.
- Add the banana blossom then simmer for 5 minutes.
- If the sauce is not thick enough, add slurry (1 tsp of cornstarch dissolve in water) until you reached the desired consistency.
- Place the fried bok choi in the serving platter & pour in the cooked pata & sauce.
- To quicken the cooking time, you can use the pressure cooker in boiling the meat for about 30 minutes
Pata Tim Recipe,
Incoming search terms:
- pata tim recipe
- pata tim recipe kusina master
- pata tim kusina master
- chinese pata tim recipe
- kusina master pata tim
- pata tim recipe chef boy logro
- pata tim recipe pork