- 10 pcs. Saba or Ripe Plantain, quartered diagonally
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1 1/4 cup All-purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 to 1 1/2 cup Water
Maruya (Maruyang Saging) is the Filipino version of banana fritters, it’s one of the favorite afternoon snack for Pinoys. The snack is made out of Saging na Saba coated in a batter and fried until golden brown, the sprinkling of powdered sugar adds sweetness to the dish.
How to prepare & cook Maruya
- Mix flour, sugar, eggs and water in a bowl, make sure that there are no lumps in the mixture. The batter not be too runny or too thick.
- Add the bananas in the mixture and make sure to coat each slices with the mixture.
- Heat up a pan and put enough oil in it.
- Place about 1/4 cup of the mixture in the pan and let it cook for about 2 minutes, flip the fritters and cook for another minute of until both sides are golden brown.
- Remove the Maruya from the pan and place it in a plate with paper towels.
- Repeat the procedure until all the batter have been cooked.
- Sprinkle with granulated sugar (or serve with simple syrup), and serve hot.
- You can add tiny strips of Langka (Jackfruit) for additional flavor & texture;
- Don’t flood your pan with oil, a small amount of oil is enough to fry the fritters;
- For a crunchy Maruya, substitute half of the all-purpose flour with cornstarch.
Incoming search terms:
- maruya recipe
- how to make maruyang saging
- how to cook maruyang saging
- maruyang saging recipe
- maruya recipe saba
- filipino maruyang saging recipe
- banana fritters recipe filipino
- maruyang saging
- saging pinaypay recipe
- how to cook maruya saging