- 2 pcs. Tilapia (about 1/2 kilo each)
- 24 pcs. Pechay leaves
- 1 pc Tanglad (Lenon Grass)
- 1 cup grated young coconut
- 2 pcs. green finger chillies
- 1 cup coconut milk
- salt and pepper to taste
Tilapia (St. Peter’s Fish) is a common fresh-water fish in the Philippines, frying is the most common way of preparing the fish. Another way to enjoy the fish is by wrapping it in Pechay (Chinese Cabbage) and cooking it in coconut milk.
Ginataang Tilapia sa Dahon ng Pechay is easy to prepare and more enjoyable than just frying this delicious fish.
How to cook Ginataang Tilapia sa Dahon ng Pechay
- Prepare the tilapia, wash the fish & drain as much water from the fish
- Wrap the fish together with the grated young coconut with pechay leaves. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the wrapped fish in a pan and place the pounded tanglad (lemon grass) and the finger chillies on top of the fish and pour in the coconut milk
- Cover and let it boil for 5 – 10 minutes or until done.
- You can add siling labuyo for additional sting.
Incoming search terms:
- ginataang tilapia with pechay
- ginataang isda sa dahon ng pechay
- ginataang tilapia
- Ginataang Tilapia with Pechay Recipe
- paano magluto ng ginataang tilapia tagalog
- paano lutuin ang ginataang tilapia
- paano lutuin ang ginataang tilapia tagalog
- paano mag luto ng ginataan tilapya tagalog