- 2 pcs medium size green papaya
- 1/4 cup sea salt
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 (2 inch) piece fresh ginger root, peeled and julienned
- 2 green finger chilli, sliced into thin rings
- 1 (1.5 ounce) box raisins
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
Atsara (Pickled Green Papaya) is a Filipino appetizer made out of unripe papaya mixed with carrots, chilli & ginger and cooked with pickling solution of vinegar, sugar & salt.
Atsara is best enjoyed as side dish to any fried dish.
Atsara Cooking Procedure:
- Peel and grate green papaya, this should make at least 4 cups of grated papaya.
- Toss the grated papaya with 1/4 cup salt together in a large bowl; allow to sit for 1 hour.
- Drain the liquid from the papaya and rinse thoroughly.
- Place the papaya in the middle of a large piece of cheesecloth and squeeze to drain as much liquid from the papaya as possible.
- Combine the papaya, carrot, red bell pepper, ginger, green chile peppers, and raisins together in a clean large bowl; mix.
- Transfer the mixture to clean, dry jars with lids.
- Stir the vinegar, water, sugar and 1 teaspoon salt together in a small saucepan; bring to a boil for 5 minutes.
- Pour the vinegar mixture into the jars, making sure the vegetables are completely submerged in liquid.
- Allow the vegetables to marinate in the liquid at least 1 day before using.
- Store in refrigerator in between uses.
Incoming search terms:
- atsara recipe
- kusina master recipe how2 make salad achara homemade
- kusina master vegetable recipe
- atsara recipe panlasang pinoy
- kusina master vegetable recipes
- kusina ni masters
- idol sa kusina vegetable recipes