- 1 kilo chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 2-3 pieces potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 1 cup green peas (canned or frozen)
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 2 cups pork or chicken stock (broth)
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons of patis (fish sauce)
- 3 tablespoons of cooking oil
Chicken Afritada is a famous tomato base Filipino Dish, the cooking procedure is the same as it’s cousin, the Pork Afritada. The chicken is first fried (seared) in a cooking oil before boiling it in the combination of tomato sauce and chicken/pork broth.
It’s a complete meal with starch (potato), vegetable (green peas & carrots) and protein (chicken), try it now!
Chicken Afritada Cooking Procedure:
- Heat oil, in a cooking pot or wok.
- Sauté garlic and onions.
- Add chicken and slightly brown.
- Pour the tomato sauce and stock. Bring to a boil and allow to simmer for 20 minutes or until the chicken is almost cooked.
- Add potatoes and carrot, continue cooking for about 10 minutes or until the potatoes and carrots are cooked but not mushy.
- Add the green peas, green and red bell peppers, simmer for an additional minute or two.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve this dish hot with steamed rice.
Chicken Afritada Recipe,
Incoming search terms:
- chicken afritada kusina master
- kusina master chicken afritada