- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Home-made pasta, cut into 4"x4" square
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup basil leaves, torn
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- salt and pepper
I first tasted this dish in a pizza shop at the Mall of Asia, it has a strong Italian taste, I particularly love the contrasting taste of the 3 cheeses combined with the strong kick from the pesto.
The dish seems complicated to prepare, but don’t be intimidated, try serving this to you family and surely they would love it.
Three (3) Cheese Ravioli Cooking Procedure
- Place water in a large pot and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Mix the three cheeses together.
- Working on a clean, floured surface, lay down a single ravioli pasta and place a spoonful of the cheese mixture in the center.
- Brush the edges of the ravioli pasta with egg whites, then top with another wonton wrapper. Press firmly around the edges to secure the filling. Repeat to create 24 ravioli.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the tomatoes and garlic for 5 to 7 minutes until the tomatoes are lightly colored and about to burst.
- Use a fork to lightly crush a few tomatoes. Add the basil and remove from heat.
- Salt the boiling water and turn to a gentle boil.
- Carefully drop the ravioli in and cook for three minutes, then drain.
- Divide among four plates and top each with tomatoes.
- To accentuate the flavor, top with pesto and more cheese.
- Serve with toasted garlic bread on the side.
- You can use wonton wrappers instead of the home-made pasta
- For the sauce, you can start by preparing a tomato concasse, this way you can remove the skin & seeds of the tomato