- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 300 grams of ground meat. (either pork or half/half pork & beef)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced into small cubes
- 1 medium potato, cut into small cubes
- 1 medium carrot, cut into small cubes
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1-2 tbsp ketchup
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 eggs
Tortang Giniling Cooking Procedure
- Heat a medium skillet. Add 1 T of oil and saute the onions till transparent.
- Add the red bell pepper, then the ground meat and stir until the meat change its color.
- Add the veggies and cover for about 10 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper, soy sauce & ketchup, still until the mixture is relatively dry.
- Drain the remaining oil and set aside to cool.
- While cooling, beat 3 eggs till frothy. Once the meat mixture is cool, add it to the eggs and mix well. Adjust the seasoning base on your preference.
- Prepare the banana leaves by removing the mid rib and cutting into 2 pieces, make sure that it is 2-3 inches bigger all around than the pan you are using.
- Heat the banana leaf over stove flame quickly, this will prevent the banana leaf from wilting.
- Heat your pan through, brush the pan with a little oil and line it with banana leaf.
- Pour the meat and egg mixture. And cover. Keep heat low to ensure even cooking and prevent the banana leaf from scorching. Cover the pan for about 10 minutes. Check to see if the mixture has set. At the edges, the egg will begin to cook. If it is still runny, give it another 5 minutes.
- Flip the mixture by placing the second banana leaf on top of the the pan and flipping it into a plate. Once flipped, gently return the torta back to the pan with the fresh banana leaf on the bottom.
- Let the to torta cool for a while before serving. Serve with rice and ketchup (or any condiment).
Tortang Giniling Recipe,
Incoming search terms:
- tortang giniling kapampangan
- tortang giniling kapampangan recipe
- tortang giniling
- tortang giniling recipe