- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons water
Pasta dishes has been a staple in every Filipino household, we prepare pasta dishes for merienda, dinner and for special occasions. Evidently, we have concocted our own version of the famous spaghetti, we made it sweet to fit out taste buds.
Although it’s easier to prepare pasta dishes using the store bought pasta, I find it useful to know how to prepare pasta from scratch, you’ll be amazed on how easy the process is.
How to prepare the pasta
- In a medium sized bowl, combine flour and salt.
- Make a well in the flour, add the slightly beaten egg, and mix.
- Mixture should form a stiff dough. If needed, stir in 1 to 2 tablespoons water.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead dough for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- With a pasta machine or by hand roll dough out to desired thinness.
- Use machine or knife to cut into strips of desired width.