- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 tsp lye water (lihiya)
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- red food coloring
Besides Puto and Sapin-Sapin, Kutsina is another Filipino favorite kakanin. It’s a brown sticky rice cake that is prepared by combining rice flour, sugar, lye water and food coloring and then steamed to solidify.
Kutsinta is best served with grated coconut.
Kutsinta Cooking Procedure:
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl; beat well.
- Half-fill each Kutsinta mold with the batter, then steam covered with cheesecloth over 2 inches of water for about 30 minutes.
- Top with grated coconut.
Incoming search terms:
- kutsinta recipe
- sapin sapin recipe kusina ni manang
- kusina master recipe kutsinta
- puto kutsinta recipe
- kusina master kutsinta
- kakanin recipe with picture
- kutsinta kusina master
- kusina master kutsinta recipe
- Sapin-Sapin Filipino Recipe