- 1 kg. fresh alimasag (blue crabs)
- 1/2 kg squash (Kalabasa), sliced into cubes
- 1 bunch string beans (sitaw), cut into 2.5 inch length
- 3 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce (patis)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
Ginataan (dish cooked with coconut milk) is common to all regions of the Philippines, it can be vegetables, meat, poultry, fish and even good for desserts.
Ginataang Alimasag is one of the well-loved Pinoy dish, certain vegetables (i.e. Kalabasa & sitaw) is being added to enrich the dish’s textures, for a more extravagant preparation, prawns, mussels and fish are added.
This is a simple preparation of the dish, try it out ang enjoy.
Ginataang Alimasag with Sitaw and Kalabasa Cooking Procedure
- Heat a cooking pot and pour cooking oil.
- Saute garlic and onion.
- Add fish sauce and coconut cream, and then let boil.
- Put-in the ground black pepper, and then cook for 10 minutes in medium heat until the liquid reduces.
- Add in the crabs and stir. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the squash (kalabasa) and cook until the squash becomes a little soft.
- Add the string beans, stir, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve with hot steamed rice.
Ginataang Alimasag with Sitaw and Kalabasa Recipe,
Incoming search terms:
- ginataang alimasag with kalabasa and sitaw