- 1 large tilapia
- 4 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- a dash of ground pepper
- a dash of salt
- 5 tbsp soy sauce
- 5 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 red chilli pepper, sliced
Pinaputok na isda is a traditional Filipino fish dish cooked by frying the fish wrapped in banana leaf, traditionally, Kitang is the fish of choice.
Nowadays, other fishes (Tilapia is among the favorite) are being used and aluminum foil came into the picture. Pinaputok na isda is best served hot with soy sauce with kalamansi dip
Pinaputok na Tilapia Cooking Procedure:
- Scale, clean and pat dry the tilapia. Slit the fish on each side.
- Sprinkle both sides of the fish including the stomach with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Mix the chopped onions and tomatoes in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lay the fish on a peice of aluminum foil. Put the tomatoes and onion mixture in the stomach and in both sides of the fish.
- Wrap the fish tightly.
- Fry each side for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with soy sauce with kalamansi dip.
Incoming search terms:
- Pinaputok Na Isda
- pinaputok na bangus
- pinaputok na tilapia
- pinaputok na kitang
- recipe for kitang fish
- how to cook pinaputok na plapla
- pinaputok na bangus recipe
- kitang fish recipe
- kitang fish
- recipe sa pagluto nang pinaputok na tilapya