- 1/2 kg. fish (any medium to large fresh fish will do)
- 1/2 medium size onion sliced
- 1 1/2 liter of water
- 1 t. vegetable oil
- Tanglad (lemon grass)
- 2 pieces chayote,sliced
- salt and pepper to taste.
- malunggay leaves (optional)
Tinolang Isda is a clear fish soup and a popular soup dish for Filipinos. Preparation of the dish differs based on the region, Visayans love to add tomato, from my native region, we love to add certain vegetables like chayote or papaya.
Another variation of Fish Tinola is Pesang Isda.
Tinolang Isda Cooking Procedure
- Clean the fish and cut into serving pieces.
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil and sautè onion and ginger.
- Add the water and tanglad (lemon grass) and bring water to boil.
- Once boiling, add the fish and reduce the heat and simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Season with salt (or patis) and pepper to taste.
- Cook until fish is cooked.
- Turn off the heat and add malunggay leaves if desired, the residual heat will cook the malunggay.
- Serve hot.
Tinolang Isda Recipe,
Incoming search terms:
- tinolang isda recipe
- tinolang isda panlasang pinoy
- fish tinola recipe
- panlasang pinoy tinolang isda
- fish tinola
- tinolang isda panlasangpinoy
- tinolang tuna
- tinolang bangus recipe
- fish tinola panlasangpinoy
- tinolang tilapia