- 1 1/2 tablespoons cooking oil or 1 1/2 tablespoons ghee
- 3/4 kg skinless chicken thighs
- 1 onion, medium diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric, ground
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garam masala, ground
- 3/4-1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup low-fat yogurt
- 2 tomatoes, ripe skinned and chopped
Chicken with Yoghurt Curry Cooking Procedure
- Place onion, ginger, crushed garlic and fresh coriander in blender.
- Blend as smooth as possible adding a small amount of water if necessary.
- Heat oil in large pan and fry the blended mixture on low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add turmeric, Garam Masala, salt and chili, fry for a further minute.
- Stir in yoghurt and tomato; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken, turning to coat. Simmer gently for 40 minutes. Thicken if necessary.
- Serve with rice, and accompaniments.