- 1/2 kg large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley sprig
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 300 g bay scallop
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 ounces swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 (7 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Creamy Seafood Casserole Cooking Procedure
- In a large pot, place wine, onion, parsley, 1 tbsp of the butter, and the salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add seafood and cook until shrimp turn pink, about 3 minutes.
- Drain shrimp, and reserve 2/3 cup of broth.
- Place remaining butter in pan and add flour and cook 1 minute, stirring.
- Add half and half gradually, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
- Add Swiss and stir until cheese melts.
- Add lemon juice and lemon-pepper seasoning to reserved broth and stir into sauce gradually.
- Add shrimp and mushrooms to pan.
- Place mixture into a large buttered casserole dish.
- Cover with foil or a lid and bake at 350°F for 40 minutes.
- Mix breadcrumbs with melted butter, Parmesan and almonds.
- Sprinkle mixture evenly over the casserole and bake 10 minutes more.
- Allow to stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with steamed rice.