- 1 1/2 cups malagkit dough (galapong)
- 1/2 cup rice galapong
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 cups Ube Halaya
- grated coconut
- 1 cup thick coconut cream
- 1 can condensed milk
- food coloring; violet & egg-yellow
Sapin Sapin Cooking Procedures:
- Blend all ingredients except ube halaya and food coloring.
- Divide the mixture into 3 Parts.
- Mix the ube halaya in one part of the mixture. To heighten the color of the ube, add a dash of violet food coloring. Mix well.
- Add egg-yellow coloring to another part. Mix well.
- The third part will be white, so leave it as it is
- Grease a round baking pan. Line with banana leaves and grease the leaves. Then, pour in the violet colored (Ube) mixture. Spread evenly. Steam for 30 minutes or more, until firm.
- Pour 2nd layer on top of the cooked ubi mixture. Cover again and steam for 30 minutes.
- Lastly, pour in 3rd layer or the plain mixture. Again, steam for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile, prepare latik by frying the grated coconut until brown and sprinkle it on top of the sapin-sapin.
- Cool before slicing.
Note: cover the baking pan with cheese cloth before steaming.
Incoming search terms:
- sapin sapin recipe
- sapin sapin recipe panlasang pinoy
- puto recipe panlasang pinoy
- chicken caldereta panlasangpinoy
- kakanin recipe
- panlasang pinoy puto
- sapin-sapin recipe
- sapin sapin panlasangpinoy
- sapin sapin panlasang pinoy
- sapin sapin