- 3/4 kg ox feet (veal shanks), cleaned
- 1 kg lbs ox tripe, cleaned
- 15 ounces chick peas (garbanzo beans)
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 pieces chorizo de bilbao, sliced
- 1/4 lb bacon, sliced crosswise in 1 inch length
- 1 large bell pepper, cut into thick strips
- 1 large onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 1 medium sized carrot, cubed
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorn
- 4 cups water
Callos Cooking Procedure:
- Pour water in a casserole or cooking pot and bring to a boil.
- Put-in the onion, whole peppercorn, ox feet, and ox tripe. Simmer until the ox feet and tripe are extremely tender.
- Remove the ox feet and tripe from the cooking pot and let it cool down for a few minutes. Set the stock aside for later use.
- Cut the ox tripe into bite size pieces and debone the ox feet. Set aside.
- Heat a large wok or pan then pour-in the olive oil.
- Add chorizo de bilbao and bacon then cook in medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Pour-in the tomato sauce then let boil.
- Add the tender ox feet and tripe and 2 cups of stock (water used to boil ox feet and ox tripe) then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper then put-in the carrots. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Put-in the chick peas and bell pepper then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot. Share and enjoy!
Incoming search terms:
- callos recipe
- ox tripe recipe
- kalyos recipe
- callos recioe
- idol sa kusina callos