- 3/4 kg ox feet (veal shanks), cleaned
1 kg lbs ox tripe, cleaned
15 ounces chick peas (garbanzo beans)
8 ounces tomato sauce
2 pieces chorizo de bilbao, sliced
1/4 lb bacon, sliced crosswise in 1 inch length
1 large bell pepper, cut into thick strips
1 large onions, sliced
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon Ground black pepper
1 medium sized carrot, cubed
1 teaspoon whole peppercorn
4 cups water
Callos Cooking Procedure:
- Pour water in a casserole or cooking pot and bring to a boil.
- Put-in the onion, whole peppercorn, ox feet, and ox tripe. Simmer until the ox feet and tripe are extremely tender.
- Remove the ox feet and tripe from the cooking pot and let it cool down for a few minutes. Set the stock aside for later use.
- Cut the ox tripe into bite size pieces and debone the ox feet. Set aside.
- Heat a large wok or pan then pour-in the olive oil.
- Add chorizo de bilbao and bacon then cook in medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Pour-in the tomato sauce then let boil.
- Add the tender ox feet and tripe and 2 cups of stock (water used to boil ox feet and ox tripe) then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper then put-in the carrots. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Put-in the chick peas and bell pepper then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot. Share and enjoy!
Incoming search terms:
- callos recipe
- ox tripe recipe
- callos filipino recipe
- ox-tripe recipe
- oxtripe recipe
- ox tripe callos
- ox trife recipe
- callos recipe panlasang pinoy
- callos recipe an procedure
- philipino Veal Shank recipes