- 1/4 kg beef sirloin, sliced into thin strips
- 1 large bitter gourd (ampalaya); cleaned and sliced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 small thumb ginger, julienned
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup water or more if necessary
- 5 tablespoons cooking oil
Ampalaya con Carne Cooking Procedure:
- Combine beef, soy sauce, salt, ground black pepper, cornstarch, and sesame oil. Mix all the ingredients until evenly distributed and marinade for at least 1 hour.
- Heat a frying pan or wok and pour-in 3 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- When the oil is hot enough, pan fry the marinated beef in medium heat until the outer part turns medium to dark brown (about 3 to 5 minutes per side).
- Add water and simmer until the beef is tender.
- Heat a separate pan or cooking pot then pour in the remaining 2 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- When the oil is hot enough, sauté the garlic, onion, and ginger.
- Add the sliced bitter gourd and stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and transfer to the pan with the tender beef. Stir and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Transfer to a serving plate then serve.
- Share and enjoy!
Ampalaya con Carne Recipe,
Incoming search terms:
- ampalaya con carne recipe
- ampalaya recipe
- ampalaya con carne
- beef ampalaya recipe
- beef ampalaya recipe filipino
- fried ampalaya
- beef with ampalaya recipe
- beef ampalaya
- ampalaya con carne kusina master
- beef ampalaya with tausi