- 1 kg large black mussels
- 1/4 cups olive oil
- 1/3 cups water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 4 tbsp grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 tbsp Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp crushed red chili
- 12 fresh pear tomatoes, chopped
Baked Mussels Directions
- Scrub the mussels with a brush, and pull off beards if necessary.
- Prepare a fry pan with a tight fitting lid that is large enough to hold all the mussels.
- Add 3-4 tablespoons olive oil, water, salt, and pepper. Cover pan; let mussels steam over medium heat to open.
- Meanwhile, combine breadcrumbs, cheese, garlic, parsley, and chili. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (F). Remove mussels from pan to cool and reserve cooking liquid. Discard any unopened mussels.
- Open shells of remaining mussels and pull mussels from shell. Do not break shells apart.
- Lay shells flat across a rimmed baking sheet and place one mussel in each shell.
- Cover mussel with 1 tablespoon stuffing mixture and 1 tablespoon chopped tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Drizzle with olive oil and remaining liquid from steam process to moisten breadcrumbs.
- Bake until golden brown, about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Baked Tahong Recipe,
Incoming search terms:
- tahong recipe
- baked tahong cheese recipe
- baked tahong recipe
- tahong recipes
- Baked Tahong recipes