- 1 kg pork (fat removed) and chopped into small 1/2" pieces
- 1/2 kg pork liver chopped into small 1/2" pieces
- 2/3 cup white vinegar (approx. 4.5 fl oz)
- 20 dry red chillies
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 7-8 peppercorns
- 6 cloves
- 1" piece of cinnamon
- 3 tbsps vegetable/ canola/ sunflower cooking oil
- 2 large onions chopped fine
- 15 cloves of garlic made into a paste
- Thumb-sized piece of ginger made into a paste
- Golf ball-sized lump of tamarind soaked in 1/4 cup of hot water
Goan Pork Curry Directions:
- Grind the whole spices (dry red chillies, cumin and coriander seeds, cinnamon, cloves and peppercorns) in the vinegar and keep aside.
- Heat a heavy-bottomed pan on a medium flame and add the meat and liver. Stir fry in their own fat till light brown. When done remove from the pan and keep aside.
- Put the oil in the pan and heat on a medium flame. Add the onion and fry till light brown. Add the ginger and garlic pastes and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the ground masala paste made earlier and fry till the oil separates from it.
- Add the fried pork liver and meat, the tamarind pureé, salt to taste and mix well.
- Turn the fire down to a simmer and cook till the meat and liver are tender.
- Serve hot with plain boiled rice or Jeera Rice and a green salad.
Goan Pork Curry,
Incoming search terms:
- pork curry panlasang pinoy