- ½ kg. chicken breast meat
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 2 tbsp. peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 scallions, julienned
- 1/3 cup sunflower oil
- Cut chicken breast meat into ½ inch cubes.
- Make a marinade of wine, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper, and let the chicken stand in it for 2 hours.
- Near the end of the marinating time, prepare the sauce. Pour the stock into a small sauce pan and whisk in the peanut butter and tomato paste.
- Add the scallions and simmer over low heat, uncovered, for two minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat and set aside.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and set them aside.
- Strain the marinade and add it to the sauce. Return the mixture to a simmer and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thick enough to cover the back of spoon – about four minutes. Remove the pan from heat.
- Roll the chicken cubes in the crushed peanuts, sparsely coating the cubes.
- Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed skillet over high heat. When the oil is hot but not smoking, add the chicken cubes and lightly brown them, stirring gently to keep as much of the peanut coating as possible – about three minutes.
- Remove the skillet from heat and allow the chicken to finish cooking as it rests in the pan – about two more minutes.
- Transfer the chicken in the platter and pour the sauce over it just before serving.
Incoming search terms:
- gma kusina master recipes
- kusinamastergma recipe