- 800 grams fresh mussels, in their shells
- Splash of dry white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 85 grams butter
- ½ cup fresh white or brown bread crumbs
- 4 tbsp. chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp. snipped fresh chives
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Clean the mussels by scrubbing the shells and pulling out any beards that are attached to them.
- Discard any with broken shells and that refuse to close when tapped.
- Put the mussels in a strainer and rinse well under cold running water.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Put the mussels in a large pan and add a splash of wine and the bay leaf.
- Cook covered, over high heat for 5 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally, or until mussels are opened.
- Drain the mussels and discard any that remain closed.
- Shell the mussels, reserving one half of each shell. Arrange the mussels, in their half shells, in a large shallow, oven-proof serving dish.
- Melt the butter and pour into a small bowl.
- Add the bread crumbs, parsley, chives, garlic and salt and pepper to taste then mix well together.
- Let stand until the butter has set slightly. Using your fingers or 2 teaspoon, take a large pinch of the herbs and butter mixture and use to fill each mussel shell pressing it down.
- You can chill the filled mussels in the refrigerator at this point until ready to serve.
- To serve, bake the mussels in the oven for 10 minutes, or until hot.
- Serve immediately, garnish with parsley sprigs, and accompanied by lemon wedges for squeezing over them.
Mussels with Herb & Garlic Butter Recipe,
Incoming search terms:
- kusina ni master recipes